make the most of membership!
Get Involved through volunteer opportunities featured in our CSA News member benefits series.
Make the most of your membership through these specific benefits and opportunities:
Every SSSA member receives:
- Monthly CSA News magazine
- Discounts on subscriptions to the Digital Library and our highly regarded and well-cited journals
- Discounts on our books and publications
- Access to the online Membership Directory and networking opportunities
- Biweekly electronic newsletters—Science Policy and News Flash
- Option to publish research in our journals with reduced page charges.
- Opportunity to present poster and oral papers at the SSSA International Annual Meetings
- Free online posting of resumes and access to Career Placement Services
- Membership in Divisions of Interest
- Discounts on International Annual Meetings and regional meetings registrations
- Use of the SSSA Communications Toolkit to help get your message out; resources updated monthly
Members may also take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Scientific Expertise Directory - List your areas of expertise and be included in this new directory.
- Professional certification programs, the benchmark of excellence
- Awards, scholarships, and fellowships, including graduate and undergraduate opportunities
- Honing leadership skills and gaining visibility by volunteering for Society committees and editorial boards
- Science Policy activities
- Undergraduate programs with Students of Agronomy, Soils, and Environmental Sciences (SASES)
In addition,membership supports the following:
- Smithsonian Soils Exhibit, was at the Natural History Museum, Washington, DC, through January, 2010. It then traveled across the US. It is now housed as part of the Saint Louis Science Center. See more here.
- Soils Sustain Life: Education Resources for Teachers
- Soils Sustain Life: Education Resources for Kids
- Agronomic Science Foundation programs
SSSA Letter of Support-NEW!
SSSA has created a template for members to request funding support from their employer or university when joining or renewing. This letter may be used as an example and refined/edited based on your individual situation. Feel free to contact the Membership Department with any questions.